|View printer-friendly version|
Two dachshunds belonging to
“My dogs are like my children. They mean everything to me,” said Henricks. “Without monitored protection from ADT, I wouldn’t have seen the smoke billowing from my house and rushed to get the dogs out.”
Securing a home with monitored protection is one way to help save precious pets from perishing in a home fire. Here are other prevention tips:
- Extinguish Open Flames - Pets are generally curious and will investigate cooking appliances, candles or even a fire in your fireplace. Ensure your pet is not left unattended around an open flame and make sure to thoroughly extinguish any open flame before leaving your home.
- Pet Proof the Home - Take a walk around your home and look for areas where pets might start fires inadvertently, such as the stove knobs, loose wires and other potential hazards.
- Keep Pets Near Entrances - When leaving pets home alone, keep them in areas or rooms near entrances where firefighters can easily find them.
- Practicing Escape Routes with Pets - Keep collars and leashes at the ready in case you have to evacuate quickly with your pet or firefighters need to rescue your pet.
- Affix a Pet Alert Window Cling - Write down the number of pets inside your house and attach the static cling to a front window or glass door. This critical information saves rescuers time when locating your pets. Fill out a form and request a free window cling from ADT at https://www.adt.com/pet-safety
Another safety tip is to practice “doggie fire drills,” like ADT customer
"It's basic reward training," Campbell said. "You get excited like it's a game, and then you give them treats at the end."
ADT is a leading provider of security and automation solutions for homes and businesses in the United States and Canada, people on-the-go and their networks. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT is committed to providing superior customer service with a focus on speed and quality of responsiveness, helping customers feel safer and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 17,500 people in the United States and Canada.
tel: +1 561.322.7235