This week I facilitated two ADT LifeSaver celebrations where customers experienced house fires and their beloved pets were rescued. The first was in Kansas where three cats were saved from a kitchen fire. Only a month before, a monitored security system had been installed in the new home of Bobby and Tatum Nachtrab.
The unthinkable almost happened April 15 when Jane and her husband, Tony, left their cats home alone. Within minutes, an exposed wire in a dishwasher sparked a fire, filling the small house in a Detroit suburb with smoke. Fortunately, the home’s ADT monitored security system detected the fire and sent a signal to one of the company’s monitoring centers in Tennessee. It also alerted Jane and Tony through their mobile devices.