New Offering Makes the Smart Home Affordable for the Masses,
Addresses the Needs of Today’s Mobile Consumer
Dateline: BOCA RATON, Fla. – October 4, 2010
• ADT Pulse is a new interactive smart home solution that goes beyond traditional home security to provide a new level of control, accessibility and connection with the home.
• Connectivity and interactivity are driving the way people live and manage their homes. ADT Pulse provides customers with anywhere, anytime access to their home via smart phones or personal computers, including an iPhone application to:
o Arm and disarm their home security system;
o Get notified of alarms and selected events via email and text messages as well as video clips;
o View their home through cameras and watch secure real-time video or stored video clips of events from
monitored areas of the home;
o Access lights and appliances or set schedules to automate them;
o Change a home’s temperature to help save on utility bills.
• ADT Pulse makes the “smart home” affordable. Smart home offerings were previously only available in expensive home automation systems or less sophisticated do-it-yourself packages.
• The ADT Pulse solution is built around products that support the Z-Wave open standard for interoperable home control products.
• ADT Pulse is supported by the company’s mammoth monitoring capabilities and the biggest network of home security sales and service personnel in the country.
• The solution is available in Select, Advantage and Premier packages today.
“ADT Pulse gives users a way to manage their home from wherever life takes them. This service is a natural evolution of traditional home security services that takes into consideration the needs of today’s always-connected consumer. For the first time, life safety services are being brought together with lifestyle management applications in a solution that the average household can afford.”
- Don Boerema, Chief Marketing Officer, ADT Security Systems
“Three decades into the personal computer revolution, consumers are demanding intelligence in a broader array of elements in their lives. New applications, smartphones and ubiquitous broadband are making it much easier, for instance, for home control. Home automation players need to minimize the costs and complexity of both installation and day-to-day use of systems, and also broaden the channels for introducing the category and re-imagine home control solutions. This will create new reasons for consumers to take another look at both home automation and home security.”
- Jonathan Gaw, research manager of Connected Home at IDC
“ADT Pulse is cutting-edge but it’s simple to use. It allows me to take complete control of my home wherever I am. For instance before I leave work I can dial up the system on my iPhone, make sure the air conditioner is on to cool the house down. Because ADT Pulse let’s me control the temperature of my house when I am not there, I’ve seen significant savings on my monthly energy bill.”
- Josh Kerrigan, 23-year-old ADT Pulse customer in South Florida
• Photos and b-roll video for ADT Pulse
• ADT YouTube Channel
• Recent coverage of ADT Pulse
• ADT Pulse website
• Find Your Pulse interactive website
• iTunes App Store
• Like ADT Security Services on Facebook
• Follow ADT Security Services on Twitter
About ADT Security Services
ADT Security Services, a Tyco International company, is the world’s largest electronic security company. In North America, ADT helps provide peace of mind protection to over six million residential, commercial and government customers. Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, ADT employs 26,000 people at over 350 locations in the U.S. and Canada. More information is available at www.adt.com.