Staying Safe on the Road this Holiday
By: ADT Staff
After spending the holidays apart last year due to COVID restrictions and quarantines, many Americans are ready to be with their loved ones this holiday season. And along with the holidays, comes an increase in holiday travel—specifically on the road. In fact, a recent survey by Deloitte* found that 70% of those surveyed plan to take a road trip this holiday season. And breakdowns can happen when you least expect it as nearly 100 million Americans are involved in a vehicle breakdown each year, and these events can happen anywhere and at any time.
To help consumers feel safer while on the road, SoSecure by ADT has teamed up with Agero, an industry-leading provider of vehicle breakdown assistance in the U.S., to provide users of its mobile safety app with roadside assistance support. This includes help should the customer find themselves locked out, with a dead battery or flat tire, or in need of a tow, fuel delivery, or winch-out help.
As you get ready to hit the road this holiday season, ADT and Agero share some tips to help keep you safer on the road.
- Map it out: Many Americans are dependent on navigation systems or mobile apps to help them get to their destination, but it’s a good idea to have a hard copy of a map on hand in case you end up in an area with poor cellular service.
- Buckle up: Seatbelts save lives, yet only 90% of people buckle up before driving**. Your seatbelt not only can keep you and your loved ones safe, but it can also save you a ticket as many states mandate seatbelt usage.
- Stay alert: Distracted driving is all too common these days and while you may be resisting the urge to text while driving, your neighbor may not. Keep aware of your surroundings and others on the road.
- Plan for the weather: The winter months are unpredictable and weather can change at a minute’s notice. Check the local weather conditions before you leave the house so you are aware of any inclement weather that might cross your path. And in cooler areas, keep an eye out for black ice.
And should you find yourself in a situation where you need help while on the road, requesting support via SoSecure is as easy and ADT and Agero are on hand to help the consumer throughout the entire process.
- To request service, SoSecure users can simply click the Request Assistance button directly within the app.
- After digitally submitting the incident information, an Agero representative will review the case details with the customer directly and dispatch a provider.
- Throughout the event, ADT customers are kept up to date via SMS updates, enabling greater peace of mind.
- Customers are also provided a link to track their provider’s truck, delivering an Uber-like experience whereby customers can watch their service provider on a map while en route.
Stay safe on the road this holiday season!